Emory Research Management System
ERMS is a web-based clinical research financial management tool used to assist Emory Healthcare and Emory University with their joint research billing compliance program. It facilitates communication of subject enrollment and study visit activity by the research team with the billing departments.
There are three types of studies entered in ERMS, which are:
- Emory studies that have a Prospective Reimbursement Analysis (PRA) completed and budget developed, both clinical trials and non-clinical trials.
- Emory studies that are clinical trials with no Emory Healthcare billable procedures or services.
Emory studies that are non-clinical trials with no Emory Healthcare billable procedures and services, but OCR completes the invoicing for the department. OCR will invoice for non-federally funded studies. Federally funded studies are invoiced by your RAS unit.
For the steps on how to navigate ERMS, please utilize the ERMS User Guide.
Note: Training is required to gain access to a study in ERMS. The course is for faculty and staff who will be enrolling subjects.
- Entry of the patient in EeMR
- Entry of research information in the Clinical Trials tab
- Activation of the Clinical Trials banner
- Upload of the patient signed consent
- Enter subject into ERMS on the same day the subject signs the informed consent document (ICD) for the study.
- IDS will receive notification from ERMS of the initial subject enrollment if appropriate. Please fax the signature page of the ICD with the initial pharmacy order. For clinic-based subjects, fax to 404-427-0265. For hospital-based subjects, fax to 404-712-0299.
- Print the fax coversheet from ERMS. (If you are enrolling subjects at a non-Emory site, you do not have to print the fax coversheet or send the signed consent).
- Submit the fax coversheet along with the signed consent to OCR either via fax at 404-778-4989 or via email to OCR@Emory.edu. If you are enrolling subjects at a non-Emory site or if the IRB has deemed your study as "sensitive," you do not have to submit the fax coversheet or signed consent.
- Track the subject's visit within 3 days of the visit.
- When a subject is no longer in a study, please complete the off-study date in ERMS and indicate the status as Early Termination, Screen Failure, Completed Study, or Participant Withdrew Consent.
For additional help on completing the steps in ERMS, utilize the ERMS User Guide.